Posts Tagged: flea and tick care
With flea and tick season on the horizon, don’t forget that the best defense is a good offense! Advances in parasite prevention options and a little knowledge can go a long way towards defeating these nasty little buggers. Don’t forget the following important aspects of protecting your pet:
- Choose your weapons wisely: Use safe, effective, high quality preventative products. Some products work better than others. Don’t waste your money on something that isn’t going to work. We can help you analyze your specific needs and pinpoint the best product for your situation.
- Be punctual: Treat your pet every 30 days or as directed. Many products loose efficacy toward the end of the treatment cycle.
- Bathe with caution: When using spot-on products, be sure to avoid bathing your pet 48 hours before AND after application.
- Every pet, every month: All pets in the household should be treated with flea prevention. Should the rogue flea get into the house, even that old indoor kitty can become a virtual breeding ground for the little varmints. Be sure to consult with us before using spot treatments on your cat, though — some of them are canine only.
- Don’t give up hope: If you have a bad infestation, things may look worse before it looks better. Continue utilizing the products recommended as instructed.
If you need refills on any of your flea & tick prevention or would like to talk to us about some options, give us a call or just stop in!
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Keep Your Pet Healthy All Year Round!
We offer plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs & cats. With affordable monthly payments and our convenient hours, it's the best value in helping your pet live a longer & healthier life! Call us at 630.355.5300 for more information!
New Dog or Puppy? Time For Training!
Training is an important part of any dog's life. From providing mental stimulation to exercise and proper socialization, training will help in the development of a great canine companion. Enrollment is now open for Behavior Training Classes. The cost of a 6-week session is $120. Classes will be held at Springbrook Animal Care Center, 2759 Forgue Dr., Naperville (off Route 59 at 95th). Please call (630)428-0500 to register your pet. For specific training questions only, please email: email@example.com.