Ring in the New Year: 5 Resolutions for Pet Owners in 2018
As another year comes to a close, now is the perfect opportunity to reflect on what matters most and where we’d like to see ourselves in the future. Our modern society looks kindly on self-care, and making improvements such as getting in shape, unplugging from our devices, quitting smoking, and spending more time with loved ones is easier than ever.
The Pet Experts want to encourage you to let your pet’s well being guide you as you ponder which changes to make in the coming year. Check out our New Year’s resolutions for pet owners to get started on making a change in your pet’s life!
5 New Year’s Resolutions for Pet Owners
New Year’s resolutions for pet owners don’t have to be complicated or expensive. Even the smallest improvements in your pet’s health and wellness can add up to a better quality of life for your furry pal.
- Trim the fat. More than 50% of our nation’s pets are overweight or obese and face a variety of health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, and cancer. Start the new year off right by consulting with your veterinarian about an exercise and nutrition program to get your pet back on track.
- Make dental care a priority. As many as 85% of American dogs and cats show signs of dental disease by the age of three. Make a commitment to your pet’s dental health in the form of daily brushing and regular professional dental exams and cleanings.
- There’s an app for that. In the digital age, there’s simply no excuse not to use our smartphone or tablet to benefit our furry loved ones. Apps such as our Petly App, the Red Cross Pet First Aid App, Dog Park Finder Plus, and the ASPCA Mobile App allow you to support your pet’s health and safety in the palm of your hand.
- Give back. Connect with other animal lovers in your community and make the world a better place by volunteering your time, energy, or resources to a local animal charity. Volunteering, organizing a supply drive, or fostering or adopting a shelter pet are all ways to have a tangible, positive impact on the lives of needy animals.
- Mindfulness matters. It may seem counter-intuitive, but our pets can be some of our greatest teachers when it comes to matters of the heart. They don’t spend time fretting over yesterday or worrying about tomorrow, they don’t judge others based on their looks or income, and they’re always happy to see us no matter what! The start of a new year is the perfect time to soak up all these wonderful life lessons from our four-legged friends.
At The Pet Experts at Naperville Animal Hospital, we’re thrilled that so many pet owners are taking the time to make changes that benefit both themselves and their pets! Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can be of service to you in your ongoing commitment to your pet’s health and happiness.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
Keep Your Pet Healthy All Year Round!
We offer plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs & cats. With affordable monthly payments and our convenient hours, it's the best value in helping your pet live a longer & healthier life! Call us at 630.355.5300 for more information!
Meet Our Adoptable Animals!
We are currently fostering some great puppies, dogs and a cat available for adoption! Visit our Featured Foster page HERE to view all animals available for adoption and make an appointment to meet them at our clinic by calling us at 630.355.5300!
New Dog or Puppy? Time For Training!
Training is an important part of any dog's life. From providing mental stimulation to exercise and proper socialization, training will help in the development of a great canine companion. Enrollment is now open for Behavior Training Classes. The cost of a 6-week session is $120. Classes will be held at Springbrook Animal Care Center, 2759 Forgue Dr., Naperville (off Route 59 at 95th). Please call (630)428-0500 to register your pet. For specific training questions only, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.