Summer is the season of parties- graduations, barbeques, family reunions. Your pet is part of the family, and it is only natural to want to include him/her in the celebrations. You probably know to keep your pet away from open flames, fireworks, chocolate, and bones. Here are a few lesser known (but just as dangerous!) hazards to keep your party animal away from:
- Corn cobs- These tasty castaways are very likely to become lodged in the intestine as they make their way through the digestive tract.
- Fruit pits (like peaches)- These are also likely to become lodged in the digestive tract. Believe it or not, cats are as likely to be affected by this type of foreign body as dogs!
- Skewers- These throwaways once held tasty treats, but now they are more likely to puncture your pet’s esophagus, stomach, or small intestine.
- Foil, plastic wrap, and string- These may be garbage to you, but they taste like dinner to your pet. Be sure your garbage is not accessible to Fido and Fluffy.
- Gravel or dirt- Grease and/or meat drippings can make these normally non-edible items extra tasty. Eating these in large amounts can cause your pet problems!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
OUR LOBBY IS OPEN!
Please feel free to walk-in anytime during our open hours!
If you prefer curbside service, please call us at 630-355-5300.
In addition to dogs, cats and pocket pets, did you know we LOVE seeing EXOTIC animals??!!
News & Events
What you need to know about Kennel Cough
Sign Up for Pet Records