Look Great, Have Fun: The Keys to Successful Pet Pictures
There’s nothing cuter than a picture of your pet – except a picture of your pet with the Easter Bunny! Each year, Naperville Animal Hospital hosts our Easter Adoption Event, and pet pictures with the Easter Bunny is one of the highlights. Is your pet camera ready? Check out these tips from The Pet Experts to make the most out of your experience this year.
Before bringing your pet into any public space (especially where other animals are present), it’s important to make sure they know how to behave around a crowd. Be honest about your pet’s ability to deal with stress by asking yourself the following questions:
- Is my pet anxious or fearful by nature?
- Does my pet show aggression toward other animals, children, or adults?
- Does my pet have issues coming when called or responding to other basic obedience commands?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, your pet will probably be more comfortable staying at home.
Tips and Tricks for Pet Pictures
Pet pictures with the Easter Bunny is one of our most popular events – and for good reason! Make the most out of this fun opportunity with the following tips:
- Food – The line for pictures can get long, so be sure to feed your pet (and yourself!) beforehand.
- Exercise – Are you concerned your pet won’t sit still for a picture? A brisk walk or game of fetch right before you leave will help burn off excess energy. As the saying goes, “a tired pet is a well-behaved pet.”
- Grooming – Give your pet a good brush-out right before you leave to make sure their fur is looking its best. Better yet, schedule a grooming session at our hospital!
- Training – Waiting in line for pet pictures is a good time to reinforce your dog’s basic obedience skills. If Fido still needs work in this area, The Pet Experts can help! Our certified dog trainer works with dogs of all ages and skill levels through reward-based training. Give us a call for more information.
Adopt, Don’t Shop!
At Naperville Animal Hospital, we’re committed to doing what we can to help homeless animals in our community find forever homes. Whether you or a loved one is looking for a new pet or you just want to support a worthy cause, we hope you can join us at our Easter Adoption Event on April 14, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. See you there!
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
New Dog or Puppy? Time For Training!
Training is an important part of any dog's life. From providing mental stimulation to exercise and proper socialization, training will help in the development of a great canine companion. Enrollment is now open for Behavior Training Classes. The cost of a 6-week session is $120. Classes will be held at Springbrook Animal Care Center, 2759 Forgue Dr., Naperville (off Route 59 at 95th). Please call (630)428-0500 to register your pet. For specific training questions only, please email: email@example.com.