Emergency Pet Care You Can Count On
As you know, accidents and unexpected illness can strike at any time, and the same is true for our pets.To help you and your four-legged friend through any pet emergency, Naperville Animal Hospital’s emergency pet care services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in order to provide emergency veterinary services to the pets in our community, no matter what.
Pet emergencies come in many forms, whether it’s a dogfight, a car accident, the accidental ingestion of something poisonous, frostbite, or heat stroke, it seems as if there is a potential pet emergency no matter the time of year, or the breed you own.
We know that your pet’s health is important to you, and it is equally important to us. That’s why Naperville Animal Hospital provides pet emergency services that utilize the latest diagnostic and surgical techniques and equipment in order to treat your pet, no matter the circumstances.
Signs of a Pet Emergency
The following conditions should be considered as a pet emergency, You should bring your pet in for care right away if you are seeing the following:
- Serious trauma, including car accidents, broken bones, or serious injury caused by a dog fight
- Severe bleeding, especially if from a major artery
- Coughing up blood
- Difficulty breathing (rapid or shallow breathing)
- Bloody urine or stool
- The obvious ingestion of a toxin, including pesticides, rodenticides, Xylitol, or liquid nicotine
- Seizures, collapse, and unconsciousness
Other signs of a pet emergency can include:
- Choking, gagging, or non-stop coughing
- Painful urination or defecation, or the inability to urinate or pass stool
- Any injury to your pet’s eyes
- Refusal to drink water or eat food
- Severe diarrhea or vomiting that happens more than twice in a 24-hour period
- Lethargy or lameness
- Extreme anxiety
- Shaking, whining, or other distressed vocalization
- A swollen abdomen that is hard to the touch
- Uncharacteristic changes in your pet’s behavior (aggression or hiding)
- Unexplained swelling in a localized area
- Extremely high or low body temperature
- Complications arising from giving birth
On-Call Emergency Pet Care Services
In the event of a pet emergency, a member of our veterinary team is on-call at all times to assist with any emergency that may come your way. If you are unsure as to whether your pet’s condition qualifies as an emergency, we encourage you to call us for a free phone consultation.
Likewise, if immediate medical treatment is needed after hours, please call ahead and our emergency veterinarian will meet you and your pet at our clinic.
Some pet emergencies may require hospitalization, where the supervision of a dedicated overnight technician may be necessary to respond to your pet’s emergent needs. Naperville Animal Hospital provides overnight observation services that include supervision and pet recovery time that will help your pet heal more quickly.
Our emergency services are available to both new and existing clients. Please contact us immediately if your pet is suffering from a pet emergency so that we can help you provide the best possible care for your sick or injured pet.
No Online Appointments
We are not accepting online appointments at this time.
News & Events
Sign Up for Pet Records
Frontline Worker Boarding & Daycare Promotion
Hill's to Home Delivery
Don't want to leave the house for your pet's food? Now you don't have to. Use our Hill's to Home delivery service for free shipping with no minimum threshold.
Want your Hill's pet food delivered right to your door? Get 30% off your first autoship order and free shipping with Hill's to Home.