Dog Days of Summer
We want to make sure you keep your pets safe during these hot, hot months. Please watch out for the following summer hazards:
- Heat stroke: It may be the most obvious hazard, but don’t forget that pets can overheat and even die from high temperatures. Never leave an animal in a car, even for a short period. Make sure your pet always has access to shade and fresh water.
- The sun: It may sound like a good idea to shave down your golden retriever, but your pet’s coat provides insulation from the heat and limits sun exposure which can result in sunburn.
- Heartworms: Mosquitoes transmit heartworms, which are just what they sound like- worms that grow in the heart. Not a good thing. Keep your pet on heartworm prevention as recommended by your vet.
- Fleas: These nasty little buggers are at their peak during the warm months of the year. Preventatives prescribed by your vet are very effective at keeping fleas at bay.
- Parties: Fido may want to crash the neighborhood block party, but be sure you limit his consumption of extra treats that may make him sick. Alcohol is also a big danger as well as garbage cans full of tasty treats like leftover bones.
Summer can be a fun time for your pet, but there are many dangers as well. Keeping yourself informed and aware of potential risks can help to make sure your summer is a breeze.
No Online Appointments
We are not accepting online appointments at this time.
News & Events
Frontline Worker Boarding & Daycare Promotion
Hill's to Home Delivery
Don't want to leave the house for your pet's food? Now you don't have to. Use our Hill's to Home delivery service for free shipping with no minimum threshold.
Want your Hill's pet food delivered right to your door? Get 30% off your first autoship order and free shipping with Hill's to Home.