Posts Tagged: Antifreeze and Pets
- … salt products used to melt ice can be very irritating to delicate paws and some are even toxic? Use pet-friendly ice melting products for your sidewalks and driveway and be sure to wipe your pet’s tootsies and underside when they come in after a walk.
- … anti-freeze is lethal to pets even in tiny amounts? This sweet tasting liquid causes rapid kidney failures. Notify neighbors if you notice a leak in their driveway and use a pet-safe alternative for your own vehicles.
- … many a chilly kitty has taken refuge on a warm engine block. If you do not park in a garage, bang on the hood of your car to scare off any stowaways before starting your engine to avoid an unwitting animal becoming injured under your hood.
- … pets can get frostbitten too! While many do sport a warm, furry coat, they should not spend a substantial amount of time outdoors in subzero temperatures without shelter. Thinner coated pets might benefit from a warm coat and/or booties as well.
- … very young or elderly animals may not tolerate the chilly weather as well others? Use common sense when taking these animals outdoors this winter.
- … cats should be kept inside whenever possible in the winter? The dangers of being outdoor increase substantially for kitties when the temperatures plunge.
- … dogs can lose their scent in the snow? A dog that panics off leash in a snow storm may not be able to find it’s way home like it would normally. Keep your dog leashed.
As always, please call us if you have any questions about keeping your pet safe this winter.
We accept walk-ins during our Doctor's Hours to meet your busy lifestyle. If you’d prefer to make an appointment, we offer those too!
News & Events
We Are a Toys for Tots Drop Off Location!
Now through December 15th we are collecting for Toys for Tots! Please feel free to bring in new, unwrapped toys (no stuffed animals or toy weapons, please.)
In addition, we are also collecting new/gently used pet toys that will go to our rescue partners and animals in need.
Collection bins are located in our lobby and can be dropped off during regular business hours. Thank you!
Holiday Hours & Closings!
Holiday Party & Adoption Event!
Join us for our annual Holiday Party & Adoption Event on Sunday, December 10th from 11AM - 2PM! Bring your pet along for $5 photos with Santa! There will be animals available for adoption from local rescues, raffles and more! All proceeds benefit our rescue partners.